Sacrament of Matrimony
When one of our parishioners is ready to begin the process to prepare for his or her marriage, it will be necessary for them to come to the parish offi ce to make their intentions known. At that time, the Receptionist will assist the couple in fi lling out the Request for Marriage form. Once completed, said form will be given to the pastor, who will contact the couple for an initial meeting.
In order to enable the couple to carry out the proper preparation, we require a period of ten to twelve months, consisting of:
Note:We will be happy to assist those who are not parishioners of Our Lady of Lourdes parish, and who desire to receive the sacrament of marriage, to contact their proper pastor so that they may begin the preparation process in their home parish.
Active participation at Our Lady of Lourdes
- 1. Registered parishioner of Our Lady of Lourdes
- 2. Regular attendance at Sunday Mass
- 3. Other aspects of parish participation
- 3a. Regular use of Faith Direct or parishioner off ertory envelopes for weekly contributions to the parish
- 3b. Weekly Holy Hour with the Blessed Sacrament
- 3c. Consecration to Jesus through Mary
- 3d. Participation in at least one parish ministry
- Baptismal Certificate: Both parties need to submit a recent updated copy of their Baptismal Certificate. Recent means within the last six months. The Baptismal Certificate is obtained from the parish where the Baptism was celebrated. All that is necessary is to call or write a letter to the pastor of the church stating as follows: “Dear Father: Please send me a copy of my Baptismal Certifi cate. I am soon to be married and would appreciate receiving the Certifi cate at your earliest convenience. Thank you.” In this letter, include your date of birth, and if available, the date of your baptism. It is recommended to include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Couple & Witness Forms: The Church requires each party to the marriage to fi ll out a form known as the “A Form,” in the presence of the priest indicating that each one is free to marry. Two witnesses for each party will also be required to answer questions on a diff erent form known as the “B Form.” The witnesses are usually the parents of both parties, or if that is not possible, someone who has known them most of their lives.
- Marriage License: Information on applying for a civil marriage license may be obtained in person by visiting the Marriage License Bureau or online at, www.miami-dadeclerk.com, clicking on the tab “Children & Family” and selecting “Marriage.”
- 1. Fully Engaged, is a pre marital inventory administered by especially trained couples in their own home environment. It is the fi rst step in the process of preparation for marriage.
- 2. Pre-Cana Conference, is a 2-day class off ering sacramentality and life skills training for all engaged couples.
- 3. Natural Family Planning, NFP is fertility awareness, the knowledge of a couple’s fertility, and is a means of reading the body’s signs of fertility and infertility.
- 4. Rehearsals, At the time the wedding date is set, we may also schedule the rehearsal date. The rehearsal is very important because it answers many practical questions about the actual ceremony and the role each one in the bridal party plays.
A good rehearsal almost always means a beautiful ceremony. Normally these are held one or two days before the actual wedding in the early evening. If a wedding is set too far in advance, it is possible to delay scheduling the rehearsal until later. However, it is important for the couple and all persons in the wedding party to be on time for the rehearsal as well as for the wedding. The wedding rehearsal normally takes one hour.
The couple should receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation on the Saturday prior to their wedding. The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available at Our Lady of Lourdes each Saturday at 3:00pm.
Please advise members of your wedding party, family, and friends to make their confession prior to the wedding.
Parishioners of Our Lady of Lourdes normally make an off ering of $950.00 on the occasion of their wedding.le any more weddings in the Church should the regulations not be observed.