In order to enable the parents to carry out the proper preparation, we require a period of two to four months, consisting of the following:
Active participation at Our Lady of Lourdes
The Church of Baptism is the church where all subsequent sacraments are recorded. The Church of Baptism is then the “home” church for the person and is part of the life of the person from then on. As a rule, an adult is to be baptized in his or her proper parish church and an infant in the proper parish church of the parents. (CC 857 §2) The expectation of the church is that the Church of Baptism is where the family is actively participating in the faith.
- Parishioners of Our Lady of Lourdes should be registered with the parish and actively participating in the life of the parish community. Welcome Packages, that include the Parish Registration Form, are available at the Office of Baptism, the Parish Office and main entrances of the Church and Chapel.
- If the family of the child to be baptized is registered at a different parish and does not live within the parish boundaries of Our Lady of Lourdes, the parents must provide a Letter of Permission from the pastor of the parish in which they are registered or reside, granting permission for the child to be baptized at Our Lady of Lourdes.
- Birth Certificate of the child to be baptized (original or court certified copy);
- Completed Baptism Registration Form;
- Parental Approval, if applicable: The Archdiocese of Miami requires that both parents approve or concur with the baptism of the child. If the parents are not married to each other or one of the parents is not Catholic, then a notarized Letter of Permission to Baptize is required from the non-custodial parent or non-Catholic parent.